Pinterest

Sunday, November 4, 2012

La brasserie bordelaise in bordeaux





La Brasserie Bordelaise
Bordeaux, France


Bordeaux was beautiful.  I had two intentions on this business trip which included a good meal and some wine from Bordeaux. I walked through the streets of wine country and decided on the busiest restaurant.the restaurant had an awesome decor and ambiance with wine bottles everywhere, and smiling people.  The french waitress started off the night with hostility and not wanting to serve me.  By the end of the night I was getting free wine, free delicious frites.  From my understanding this is very French :-) .

I started off with a salmon tartar that was really good just mainly consisting of salmon, olive oil, parsley, coarse sea salt and some lemon.  Great way to start.  I was sitting at the bar and split a bottle of wine with someone that also used to live in U.S.  next I got a pan seared cod which was extremely moist and had good nice and crunchy skin.
the wine came from Saint Emilion and had a very good structure with some tannins and a good floral nose.  The fellow I met at the bar had a seared flank steak which was incredible and was just grilled with no salt or flavoring.  The salt was given for each diner to add on at the end to taste.  The meat had excellent beef flavor with a nice char and was moist due to putting the salt on at the end vs. I'm the beginning.  What a great experience.
TTT approved!











No comments:

Post a Comment